Morson are partnering with a leading Defence business who are looking to recruit a Project Accountant.
This role will play an integral role within our clients UK Finance team, providing the business with support and guidance and assisting in the development of tools to predict, report & maintain project and financial performance. The role ideally suits an individual seeking qualification towards professional accounting qualifications (e.g. ACCA / CIMA) although this is not essential and consideration will be given to applicants with other relevant experience, preferably;
- Experience of Project Accounting with specific knowledge gained within a long-term contract accounting role.
- Previous experience working directly in an operational/financial environment, ideally within an engineering organisation in defence/production industry sector.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft/Windows application experience with potential to contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX and SharePoint would be advantageous
- Maintenance of Project, Contract and cost data in ERP and preparation and control of contract related Sales Invoices;
- Control of project accounting through setting of approved project financial performance targets;
- Work closely with budget holders to assist them in their decision making, provide guidance on finance related issues and feedback on actual performance and deviations from targets.
- Adoption of appropriate revenue recognition policies associated with long-term contracts;
- Delivery of accurate, timely results for periodic orders, revenue and profit trading;
- Support bid phase reviews, providing advice on rates and profit application, cash-flow and financing costs and support subsequent price audits;
- Preparation of general ledger journals necessary for the production of monthly accounts and maintain records in accordance with relevant accounting legislation, professional standards and Group Accounting Policies, including key cost accruals and relevant balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist in the valuation and control of Assets, Stock and Work in Progress to ensure all inventory is accounted for appropriately;
- Assist in provision of periodic reporting to present key financial and operational performance;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of project accounting through development of new and existing tools, reporting and processes.
This role is being offered at a highly competitive salary. Full details around the package will be disclosed up on application / shortlisting.