An impressive, market leading firm of chartered accountants are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their growing practice in Beaconsfield. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a firm with an excellent reputation in the local area.
The company have experienced year-on-year growth and are still growing through the pandemic. With this comes great routes for progressing your career within the firm.
To undertake a wide variety of audit, accounting and tax assignments to a high standard of technical competence, delivered with a good degree of autonomy, and within budget and client expectations.
- Timely and efficient completion of tasks assigned, in line with firm operating procedures and processes.
- Attending technical courses, undertaking technical reading to ensure own technical competence, awareness of internal procedures and communications.
- Agreement of budget with manager as job commences, regular monitoring of progress against budget and feedback to supervisors.
- Regular, proactive communication with managers, Principals and other colleagues to update on progress with assigned work.
- Hold either ICAEW or ACCA qualification with a strong academic background
- Should possess a minimum of 3 years practical experience in a similar practice-based role.
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Proven experience planning, undertaking and completing a wide variety of accounting assignments under FRS 102 Section 1A and FRS 105, of varying sizes and complexity
- A degree of exposure to group/consolidated accounts essential.
- Exposure to FRS 102 and IFRS desirable, but not essential.
- Proven experience planning, undertaking and finalising a variety of statutory audit assignments, compliant with ISAs
- Exposure to specialist audit assignments desirable, but not essential.
- Proven experience in drafting and finalising corporation tax computations for a variety of companies
- Good awareness of other aspects of OMB taxation (VAT, employment and personal taxes)
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Jodi King from AJ Chambers.