* Partner with the wider architecture team, finance, procurement, IT and our internal customers to develop that solutions are cost optimized throughout their lifecycle
* Define metrics, KPIs and reports for cost and chargeback management
* Provide insight needed to make investment decisions when moving services to the cloud
* Build and maintain rolling Cloud expenditure forecasts
* Become a Terms of Service (ToS) expert
* Ensure database and applications are right-sized
* Monitor and analyse billing and metering to optimize subscription plans
* Review implications behind feature updates
* Stay appraised of the latest technologies/tools and champion new mechanisms to better understand and manage cloud costs
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
* 2+ yrs experience in cloud cost visibility, cloud cost optimisation and cloud cost management preferably within Azure.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft volume licensing, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Able to work in teams remotely in a global context
* Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
* Experience of managing and developing productive working relationships with vendors
* Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.