Warehouse FLT Operative -- Based Shefford and other locations -- £21,500pa
Due to a demand in business we are looking for 3 Opertatives on a permanenet basis.
As a Warehouse FLT Operative you will work in a team to pick and despatch orders to customers to a high quality standard, always adhering to our Health & Safety requirements. You will check incoming components for quantity and integrity and storing them in the correct places.
Our manufacturing business operates with a site at Bedford too and offsite storage in other locations, so you must be flexible to work at these sites as required, dealing with a variety of warehouse tasks either inside or outside in all conditions.
Duties will include:
• To pick and stack orders ready for dispatch
• To load and unload incoming and outgoing vehicles
• To supply production with raw materials
• To book transport for goods leaving
• Assisting in stock takes
• Working with a WMS system
• To check incoming components and process the relevant paperwork
• Daily housekeeping duties
• To be able to assist in customer queries
- have an accredited (e.g. RTITB or ITSSAR) Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence, refreshed within the last 5 years.
- be physically fit and work well in a team.
- enjoy working outside in all climates (suitable clothing will be provided).
- comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times.
- have basic computer skills.
- be a good communicator.
- be numerate with a good attention to detail.
- be flexible in your approach to work and willing to work overtime when required.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays and extensive training. We offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working shifts of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm. Overtime is worked as required, including on Saturdays and overtime rates will apply.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.