A leading international engineering organisation, based in Altrincham, are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant to assist them during an extremely busy period.
The Role and Responsiblities of the Financial Accountant position will include:
- Review of monthly lease accounting under IFRS 16.
- Perform detailed reviews of lease agreements to determine correct accounting treatment in line with IFRS 16.
- Complete analysis in relation to specific leases on an ad hoc basis.
- Managing the monthly headcount reporting process and performing reviews of the headcount report along with underlying reconciliations.
- Perform monthly reviews of the Group profit and loss overhead analysis and provide explanations for variances queried by senior stakeholders.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager in preparing tax returns, explaining how gains and losses arise.
- Assistance in the preparation of technical accounting papers to document and explain related transactions.
- Assisting in M&A projects by working through related party and intercompany transactions driven by acquisitions.
- Assist with the preparation of workings for the Group consolidated financial statements (IFRS) and disclosure notes.
- Take ownership of the timely production of year-end workings for debtors (including IFRS 9 calculations), headcount and staff costs, leases, and debtors.
- Prepare year end paper for IFRS 16 calculations which includes supporting journals for the audit team and respond to all queries in a timely manner.
- Manage the timely production of year-end audit deliverables, including responses to audit queries.
- Manage the lease accounting calculations in the Group's budget process.
- Manage the budget of Group headcount and prepare reporting analysis to show phasing of headcount through the forecast period.
- Contribute to the development of the budgeting environment, identifying quality and efficiency improvements.
- Provide valuable analytical insights into key trends within monthly management reporting.
- Carry out ad-hoc reporting analysis as requested by senior stakeholders.
- Analyse and review budget and forecast KPIs to improve accuracy of forward-looking information.
The successful individiaul will;
- Be ideally ACA or ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Have experience of IFRS 16
- Have strong excel skills
- Prior experience of using an ERP will be beneficial
- Be available at short notice
If you would like to apply for this Financial Accountant role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Walters People on or .