Our client, a successful logistics company, seeks a Senior Management Accountant to work in its small, closely-knit team in Slough.
Advanced Excel skills are required, and the following duties will be carried out:
- Send statements to customers monthly and on request
- Phone/Fax/E-mail group customers to chase payment
- Ensure group customer has invoice and relevant back-up
- Attend finance meetings to ensure issues are communicated on a timely basis
- Review aged debtors report to ensure all overseas debtors are chased
- Reconcile supplier accounts to payable ledgers on a regular basis to ensure all invoices appearing on supplier statements are reconciled with invoices appearing on our ledger
- Key-off invoices in system to ensure they appear in the accounts payable ledger
- Prepare remittance advices detailing invoices contained in payment
- Pay foreign suppliers by wire transfer
- Posting of foreign invoices.
- Match-up purchase and sales accounts where contra’s are authorised by the finance manager and agree net settlements with overseas debtors/creditors.
- Follow up on queries in relation to sales/purchase to ensure credits are received where necessary
- Allocation of receipts/payments
- Check bank statements daily
- Ensure all bank transaction confirmations are correct and signed by the authorised signatory and returned to the bank
- Update exchange rates weekly
- Ensure posting of overseas ledger transactions to sage accurately and on a timely basis to enable prompt bank reconciliations.
- Nominal- Assistance with month end reconciliations including fixed assets,
- Journals- prepayments and accruals.
- Management- To provide assistance in the production of monthly
- Accounts- management accounts.
- Assist in external audit.
The following attributes are required:
Benefits include a health package and a rising holiday allowance.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.