Are you looking to make a difference? Would you like to be a support worker in a fun and safe environment where every day is different? Then we want to hear from you. We are looking for caring and thoughtful individuals to join our established care team in Morecambe.
If you like walking and singing along to Elvis, this is the role for you!
The tenants you will be supporting have a wide variety of interests. Last spring we grew peas and rhubarb which we sold to buy more seeds, as well as use to make the odd rhubarb crumble!
Our supported living service in Morecambe provides person-centred support to adults who have learning disabilities, issues with mobility and behaviours that can challenge. As a support worker you will provide person-centred care and support to tenants to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to enjoy a wide range of activities.
If you can provide unconditional positive regard, we will support with:
• An extra paid day of leave on your birthday!
• Enrolment on the care certificate if you are new to care
• Ongoing training and development
• Support to build on your qualifications
• 24 hour support and advice from your line manager and local and national on call services
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
Prior experience in this field of work is beneficial, although not a substitute for an engaging, creative and person centred approach. We will value the personal skills and interests you bring to the role and to the lives of service users. Your duties will include:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
• Assisting Service Users to participate in the local community,
• Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend and bank holidays
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
This is a role which can be enjoyed by people who are committed to making a positive difference, including experienced care workers, graduates and people looking for a stimulating career path into social care.
This service is based in Morecambe and is close to local bus routes.
Creative Support is a high quality provider of support to individuals with a wide range of care needs including individuals with a learning disability and other needs. We employ over 5,000 staff and have been a not for profit care provider for over 30 years.