My client, an Accountancy & Business Advisory Firm with offices throughout the UK are looking to recruit within their large SSC based in Liverpool City Centre.
The firm is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Associate to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within the companies rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). Team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to colleagues in the tax stream. The teams’ scope of service includes personal, corporate, and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of the Shared Service strategy.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and tax returns processed by the tax hub team.
- Also involved in employment tax or new projects within the team
- Monitor throughput, productivity, and accuracy of team members’ output.
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions.
- Deliver coaching and feedback to team members to help improve quality and aid in their development.
- Work extensively with companies’ tax software and workflow tools.
- Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality, and volume.
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across UK sites
- Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work.
- Build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in local offices.
- Monitoring productivity output and quality of the teams
- Provide cover for the Tax Hub Senior Associates during holidays and absences.
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output ensuring team and individuals deliver SLA’s and KPI’s.
Desirable skill set:
- ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous.
- Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate.
- Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
In it together
A competitive salary and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that pay always positively reflects performance, coupled with an attractive and extensive benefits package.
The following benefits are offered, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That is not all. Everyone is different so a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle which means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them.
- Buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- Add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance, or travel insurance;
- Enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- Enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- Receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- Access childcare vouchers;
- Take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.