Northwest Regional Finance Director
£65,000 - £75,000
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with a well-established, highly respected and expanding provider of domiciliary health and social care services across the North West. The Group is part of a large international company which is rapidly expanding in the UK with ambitions to become one of the leading brands in care services.
The Regional Head of Finance works closely with the Senior Management Team to provide critical insight into all aspects of financial performance of the business in order to deliver business objectives. They will assist the Senior Management Team in the business planning & reporting cycle (strategic plans, budgets, outlooks and forecasts). It is envisaged that this is a full-time role.
Position based in our Liverpool Head Office although weekly travelling to other locations is expected.
Managing the finance function and supervising a medium size finance team of around 10 people. Previous management experience of similar size teams is essential.
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly operational reporting and analysis is completed to schedule for all branches in the region
- Production of monthly regional management accounts including journal postings, variance analysis and associated commentary
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts in line with Group requirements.
- Providing strategic analysis and support to the Directors with regular financial reviews
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis relating to gross margins
- Complete monthly close (Revenue, Costs, Assets & Liabilities)
- Understanding and overseeing that the local operational systems work accordingly.
- Guarantee that payroll process is carried out correctly.
- Oversee, underwrite and ensure the timely preparation of all financial information - both internal and external
- Ensure all balance sheet controls are in place;
- Review bank reconciliations for multiple accounts and ensuring adherence with group policy;
- Ensure all processes and controls are adhered to in line with Group requirements,
- Supporting the team with month end/year end related matters
- Lead the external and internal audits
- Provide coaching to other members of the team as and when require
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Be a fully qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience.
- Have had all round hands-on SME accounting experience including budget management, cash management, management accounts preparation and accounts payable.
- Payroll experience required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with financial and operational management across the business will also be key.
- Previous experience in care sector would be valued.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good written, verbal and numeracy skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Use of initiative to deal with enquiries and or problems
- Ability to follow procedures
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to take on other tasks as required
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this exciting opportunity, please contact Riaan Lazenby