Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.
Sopra Steria are seeking an experienced Apple Deployment Engineer to join our busy engineering team. You will have a demonstrable track record of design and delivery in an enterprise setting. Performing management, installations, maintenance, performance optimization and troubleshooting our Apple Mac and iOS estate.
Candidates will possess strong written communication and interpersonal skills, along with a willingness to learn and keep up to date with the latest technologies. Awareness of Agile delivery methods and information security are also desirable. Provide technical implementation: installation, maintenance, performance optimization of Apple MacOS and iOS technologies using the JAMF MDM and / or Munki.
* Implementation, administration and configuration of Apple devices in a JAMF and / or Munki Enterprise environment
* Contribute to development and ongoing improvement of industry best practices and standards for deploying and securing enterprise MacOS and iOS devices.
* Packaging and deploying applications to MacOS machines
* Test all deliverables produced and document results.
* Experience architecting, deploying, and troubleshooting macOS.
* Good knowledge of macOS fundamentals including networking, command line, security, and file system management
* Good scripting skills, familiarity with Bash
* Familiarity with all recent releases of macOS (Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big sur). (features, patching, etc.)
* Analysis skills covering administration, fault finding/diagnosis and fix.
* Documentation Skills, with the ability to produce documents for use by an end user, as well as operational procedure documentation for use by service desk personnel.
* Good work experience in systems administration / management
* Excellent Bash scripting knowledge.
* Knowledge on Apple product to manage any development on Apple platforms (iOS, MacOS, etc.)
* A good understanding of the OS imaging process or OOBE using JAMF
* Familiarity with various tools to assist in the deconstruction and rebuilding of installer packages (Jamf Composer and AutoPkg).
* Knowledge on Apple products to publish iOS app on the Apple App Store
* Accreditation to JAMF 200 level or equivalent. Diploma in Computer Sciences
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full time permanent
Security Clearance Level DV Clearance - (must be willing to go through this procsess if you do not hold this clearance)
Internal Recruiter Josh
Salary £50,000 to £65,000
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.