The Master Data function collects and maintains accurate product and supplier data from external and internal functions, so that it is available to support business processes throughout the typical retail lifecycle of a product ie Plan, Buy, Move, Sell, Exit. This includes management of the supplier and product set up processes.
The purpose of the Product and Supplier Data Integrity Analyst is to interrogate, manipulate and cleanse data entities, also to establish good data governance methodology within the team and the wider Commercial function.
The main accountabilities of the role will include the following but as you will bring your experience with you, the accountabilities may change as we embrace your ideas to move the function forward.
- Be the expert in the Commercial Master Data team on data capture and data integrity
- Contribute to discussions on how we can improve our data flows between systems and spreadsheets
- Interrogate the quality of commercial data & look for opportunities to cleanse the data
- Drive projects within the function which rely upon and require the use of accurate data
- Use available data to generate quick wins ie commercial opportunities, process improvements
- Support the day to day Master Data Administrative processes through improved Excel reporting
- Define & introduce improvements in data governance to improve data quality and accuracy
The successful candidate is likely to be confident in most of the following areas :
- Experience of industry standard approach to data management practices
- Use of various techniques to identify opportunities to cleanse and standardise data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experienced in all other aspects of Microsoft - Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand complex information or concepts quickly and disseminate it internally and externally in an understandable way
- Understanding of the retail lifecycle and the importance of accurate data across multiple areas of the business
- Process mapping and analysis skills to identify opportunities for improvements
- This role currently has no direct reports from a line management perspective but will use influencing and training skills to develop the data knowledge and practices of the Master Data team members
- Stakeholder management and clear communication skills are essential as this role will interact with other business function
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…