My client is a local manufacturing with nearly 30 years history and a great growth journey to support it. With T/O in excess of £30m and online retail providing sales both domestically and internationally, the business has seen further growth following the impact Covid 19 has had on retail and home improvement sectors. The IT function provides infrastructure, systems and support to over 250 end users across 2 locations in the UK.
This new role in the team provides a great development opportunity for those interested in becoming a specialist in operational and manufacturing systems (ERP, bespoke applications). The role will still require you to provide technical end user support whilst also being trained on how to provide systems support. This will include (but not limited to) Syspro, SQL, Crystal Reports as well as giving you the opportunity to learn other skills including .NET and VB.
We are therefore looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Analyst with the attitude and enthusiasm to develop themselves, whilst also having the right approach to service delivery and support.Main Responsibilites:
- Take a lead on general IT service support
- Maintain and develop training/reference manuals for end users
- Providing end user training support;
- Installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, and maintaining the company’s ERP technology
- Maintain a suitable helpdesk solution with timely response;
- Involved in setting up business processes and procedures;
- Work directly with cross functional teams including accounting department and production control to streamline processes
Once trained you will also be involved with:
- Responding to ERP user queries
- Ad hoc reporting and development as needed including current ERP and SQL Server
- End User ERP Support;
- Working with software vendors and system providers on updates, new releases and features etc.