Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on....
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Online Merchandiser to join our growing Trading team within eCommerce, located at our head office in Deeside, near Chester.
Purpose of the role:
Our Online Merchandiser will be working closely with their Trading Manager to ensure there is a clear plan in place which enables digital sales growth through a strong online trading offering for their department.
The role will include working with product ranging and stock planning teams, email and digital marketing, branded suppliers, and buyers to deliver maximum ROI and great availability our online customers. This role provides responsibility to trade your own department as well as feeding into the main online trading plan.
- Take ownership of on-site category merchandising, driving cross/up-sell to increase AOV, with responsibility to analyse impact and optimise.
- Ensuring key offers and promotions are merchandised across relevant areas of the website.
- Own specific product categories to drive sales on Iceland.co.uk, delivering against sales targets, reporting at weekly team meetings.
- Set up promotions.
- Implement the trading plan.
- Reviewing performance of creative
- Identify opportunities for increasing revenue using web analytics tools to improve key performance metrics such as conversion, bounce rate, AOV and page views.
- Implement our SEO strategy to drive quality, relevant traffic, ensuring "Best in class" customer & search engine experience.
- Work closely with the digital marketing and marketing teams to ensure that category traffic is optimised for all E-Commerce channels including email, paid search and affiliates.
- Review performance of merchandising and making iterative improvements to maximise sales.
- Successfully manage the automated product recommendation tool and on-site search tool to increase average order values.
- Manage the removal and additions of products for owned categories.
- Support the various customers shopping missions, including how devices influence the customer and championing the online customer experience with a view to improving conversion & customer satisfaction.
- Great attention to detail and a high standard of numeracy (including strong Excel skills)
- Commercial understanding with the ability to select products, price points and promotions that will drive sales.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large number of tasks and work calmly under pressure.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and motivated with the ability to work to targets in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to brief and shape online creative for onsite promotions.
- Previous experience operating in an online retail environment.
- Able to motivate others and create effective networks of people who can give you what you need.
- GoogleAnalytics or Salesforcepreffered but not essential
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care. Our standard benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.