Retail Training Support Manager
Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together
Purpose of role:
To identify Retail training solutions through collaborating with key stakeholders, ensuring the Retail Training Programme Manager has the information required to design a solution that is fit for purpose. To deliver, support follow up and evaluate bespoke, Regional & National training initiatives.
- Consult with key stakeholders to identify training requirements then ensure any solution is delivered to a high standard with appropriate learning outcomes and impact.
- Demonstrate a positive influence, expertise, level of challenge & questioning to find the solutions when deciding training requirements with Regional teams.
- Maintain a high balanced visibility across Retail to understand the impact of the training, seeking feedback and driving training & development forward.
- Identify and deliver company and bespoke development solutions as directed by the Talent and Development Manager, with an appropriately blended delivery.
- Deliver agreed talent programmes for high-potential colleagues.
- Work with the Retail Training Programme Manager to support line managers with additional resource or solution based on the management information provided.
- Provide the necessary trainer delivery, support and feedback across the business including delivery of bespoke, Regional & National programmes. Support the launch, quality control and identify best practice as appropriate.
- Consult and work collaboratively with the Retail Training Programme Manager and Digital Learning Design Manager.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong experience of group and team facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience in delivering innovative and impactful learning content for retail using multiple delivery methods.
- Experience of delivering blended learning programs.
- Experience of using and enabling informal learning methods to support and embed skills transfer such as mentoring, scenario-based learning, ongoing task, and recap activities.
- High standards and active commitment to continuous professional development in the field of learning and development best practice.
- The ability to project management initiatives, using technology and relationships to move projects forward.
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.