OCS is recognised as a market leader across the world within the Healthcare sector, and the Healthcare & Education Division has enjoyed significant growth in recent years with a turnover of c£100m pa.
This role will be responsible for leading a team of employees within the sector to provide a fully integrated Soft Facilities Management (FM) service to the PFI Papworth NHS contract; managing all operational teams to ensure efficient and effective service provision in line with agreed budgets and service specifications; monitoring and reporting on the quality of service and financial performance of the contract, to include innovation in service delivery to the client.
Royal Papworth Hospital is a leading heart and lung hospital. Following the construction of the new hospital (300 beds) in April 2019, it relocated from its previous location to the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. The Soft Services contract was awarded to OCS as part of the PFI Contract in 2012, when the hospital was in its construction phase and went live in May 2019. As a sub-contractor OCS is responsible for delivering the following soft services; cleaning, catering, patient feeding, retail catering, security and portering.
This is a high profile contract and it's revenue is c£6m. Service levels are good, as is the relationship with both the Trust and SPV. We are looking for an experienced PFI operator, preferably with a background from Healthcare.
What you'll be doing...
- Ensuring that a safe working environment is maintained through compliance with all company and Trust health and safety policies and procedures
- Building, leading and managing an effective team focused on delivering operational and service excellence in a complex stakeholder environment
- Understanding the contract and payment mechanism in detail and to manage the contract commercially, minimising risk whilst creating value
- Taking ownership of the P and L of the contract and to deliver performance in line with the budget agreed with the sector
- Supporting the Trust in delivering its 6 strategic aims in its 2020-2025 plan; deliver clinical excellence, grow pathways with partners, offer a positive staff experience, share and educate, research and innovate and achieve sustainability
- Ensuring that you and your team live and breathe the OCS core values of Care, Safety, Trustworthy and Expert
- Developing excellent relationship with the Trust’s staff and the SPV and Project Co
- Making sure that OCS retains the contract at the end of the first 5 year cycle
- Ensuring that all staff are appropriately trained in all aspects of their duties and that training records are maintained in accordance with the contract. In particular, ensuring that all staff have received induction training and OCS Impact and Healthy Behaviours training
- Ensuring appropriate levels of staff are recruited and retained through effective leadership, engagement and motivation
- Carrying out appraisals for direct line reports in line with company guidelines and to monitor and support staff development, identifying individuals with specific skills and the ability to progress
What you'll need...
- Demonstrable management experience operating within a Healthcare PFI multi-service soft services environment
- Proven track record of delivering effective customer service and operational facilities service excellence whilst maintaining targeted operating margins in a Healthcare environment
- Commitment to manage through data interpretation rather than just through intuition
- Previous experience of leading a large, diverse workforce
What will you get in return...
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance - to protect you