Lead Infrastructure Developer
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver The Perfume Shop’s business infrastructure across the network, servers and Microsoft suite, acting as a technical expert within the Support and Infrastructure team.
This role will involve implementing the group roadmap, advising on the day to day monitoring of incidents, patching and new projects, whilst regularly liaising and working with the wider internal Systems team along with the AS Watson Group Systems and Security teams.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Taking responsibility for designing, developing and delivering The Perfume Shop’s Windows environment, server infrastructure and AD structure, ensuring it is in line with Group Systems and Security standards, and includes disaster recovery requirements
- Ensuring the network infrastructure provided by AS Watson meets the needs of The Perfume Shop
- Acting as the 3rd level escalation point for the System Support Team for Windows, network and security issues, and providing a timely resolution
- Taking accountability for network security within the business, ensuring all desktops and servers, where applicable, are built and commissioned in line with The Perfume Shop and AS Watson standards (antivirus, encryption and patching should all be maintained on a regular basis with exceptions monitored and resolved)
- Supporting with The Perfume Shop’s communications hardware and software strategy, ensuring it delivers above and beyond the business requirements
- Acting as a technical consultant on any projects relating to Windows, server and network infrastructure to ensure best practices are followed and that new systems are in line with the AS Watson Systems and Security strategy
- Monitoring server capacity to ensure all systems are able to deliver the service they were commissioned for, advising and guiding on upgrades or replacements that ensure the business needs are met
- Ensuring all centrally maintained systems are backed up to meet the agreed cycle, maintaining the schedule and adding new systems as they come into production
- Being accountable for changes affecting the infrastructure, ensuring that they take place in a controlled and auditable manner
- Working with the Systems Support team to ensure all parts of the infrastructure interface work seamlessly, whilst efficiently implementing any new systems and changes to ensure the smooth running of the business operations
- Supporting the Systems Support Manager in the training and coaching of the Systems Support Team to acceptable standards on store systems, MS Office applications, relevant software, windows server infrastructure and networks
- Effectively managing relationships with internal and external peers and stakeholders at The Perfume Shop, Superdrug, and wider AS Watson Group ensuring there is clear communication between the teams
- Managing relationships with third party suppliers/vendors and third party support companies in relation to business systems for both hardware and software, conducting regular service reviews
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
This job is a good fit for you if you:
- Have experience of having worked in IT within a retail or FMCG environment
- Have previous experience of coaching or managing a small team of direct reports
- Have experience of having worked within a fast paced environment
- Can effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Can multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Have the ability to learn new technologies in a timely manner
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in an IT role within a retail or FMCG environment
- Previous experience within a 3rd line Windows infrastructure support role
- Previous experience administrating cisco switches and ASA firewalls
- Working knowledge and experience of Windows and network security
- Knowledge and experience of COMP TIA Network +, COMP TIA Security +, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MSCA, MCSE
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload
CULTURE & REWARD
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holidayplus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & onlineplus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchersand life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn - exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- GiveAsYou Earnto support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from ourpartnership withRetailTrust- unlimited access toour well-being portalwhere you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- DiscretionaryBonus- We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.