Our Milton Keynes-based client is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant/ Office Manager to join their team, so we are keen to speak with people with a strong background within accounts.
Position: Accounts Assistant/ Office Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9am – 5.30pm
You will require:
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping, debits, and credits.
- Good all-round knowledge of sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Knowledge of journal entries – accrual, prepayment postings and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills – experience in manipulating and presenting data (e.g., formulae, lookups and pivot tables)
- Sage 200 or similar working experience a bonus, but not essential
Accounts Assistant duties (80%):
- Preparation of month end management accounts, to include balance sheet and P&L review and variance analysis.
- Assisting with the preparation of month end management accounts for journal postings, balance sheet and P&L review. Uploading monthly results to Group accounting system.
- Bi-monthly cashflow reporting to Group head office.
- Assisting with monthly sales commission calculations.
- Various analysis of sales revenue across 2/3 companies.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns for 2 companies.
- Weekly aged debt reporting to accountant for review (3 companies).
- Bi-monthly aged debt reporting to Group head office.
- Banking of cheques received and set up of payments in online banking system as required.
- Stock control.
- To become knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of finance functions (all-rounder) – to provide support to three accounts assistants (no directly managed reports, working support only).
- Providing support to the sales ledger coordinator – assisting with sales invoicing, updating and maintain sale agreements and raising authorised credit notes.
- Provide support to the credit controller – assisting with debt chasing, direct debit collections and debt analysis.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis when needed for internal teams and accountant.
- To assist accountant in process and system improvements to increase efficiency of the finance team.
Office Manager duties (20%)
- Front of house/office manager – greeting visitors (rarely).
- Ensuring office is prepared daily – i.e. preparing drinks machines each day and replenishing hand towels.
- Point of contact for repairs and maintenance, organising and liaising with landlord and external maintenance workers.
- Opening the post, maintaining, and distributing uniform supplies.
- Manage the Health and Safety and fire safety activities.
- Allocating and managing office keys and secure fobs.
- Replenishing office supplies and organising office social events.
The Person will…
- AAT qualified/currently studying towards or equivalent experience.
- Experience using SAGE 200 (not essential)
- Have experience of working in an Accounts role (essential)
- Good IT skills to include a working knowledge of Excel (essential)
- Have an excellent standard of customer service.
- Be an excellent communicator, especially a great telephone manner.
- Have a proactive and productive approach to their work.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have the ability to manage own workload.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.