Job Title: IT Engineer
Location: Slough (Head Office)
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Travel: Some travel will be required.
Starting salary: £39,999 pa (plus bonus)
Job Purpose:To ensure the smooth running of the IT/Computer systems, and ensure users get the maximum benefits from them. To monitor, manage and maintain the computer systems and network. A key part of this role will be to support the Finance Manager with IT projects, including a review and update of the current IT systems and to provide effective project support.
Our client are a well - established and fast growing services provider within their sector and pride themselves on their core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all interactions, with each other and with their customers. They are highly committed to delivering standards of excellence and looking after their staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to their customers.
The role requires someone who is organised, can manage their time effectively, and has the ability to think logically and provide solutions to problems. You should have excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels, to establish what the problem is and explain the solution. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
They are looking for an all-rounder, who is able to support across a range of IT functions and exhibit a positive 'can-do’ approach. Technically, you should have strong networking, MS and programming skills including advanced SQL, which is essential.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Create Space Manager (CRM system) and other relevant reports as required.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Removing leavers from the appropriate systems.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Complete a health check for all IT equipment in the company, to be monitored and reviewed regularly.
- Replacing IT equipment and parts as required.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems.
- Key contact for software support providers (including Radical and Avante), and rapidly establishing a good working relationship.
- Create and maintain an IT equipment inventory and ensure effective asset management.
- Ensure all IT procedures are reviewed and up to date.
- Liaise with Finance Department before purchasing any unauthorised equipment or software.
IT Projects/New Sites
- Working alongside the Finance Manager and IT Consultants, identify and manage the successful integration of a new Accounting/Finance/HR Information system, ensuring it links into the bespoke CRM (Space Manager).
- Streamline the current IT systems and create a role specific dashboard which displays relevant data/statistics for each role.
- Integrate all systems to allow for single login.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all employees are uniquely, required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid for by the company and is on company time.
- Working primarily at Head Office (Slough) but some travel to other sites/locations will be necessary.
- Working full-time, five days per week (to include some weekend working at times as required).
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays.
- Great bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products.
- Perkbox - employee 'free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more.
- Training and development programme.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
This role offers a superb opportunity to work for a truly unique organisation, with great scope for future development and responsibility within the role. It would really appeal to someone who enjoys solving problems and has an inquisitive nature and has a passion for delivering excellence.