Associate Director (Highway Engineering)
Slough (Flexible remote working available)
£60,000 to £68,000 DOE + 27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Contributory Pension + Healthcare + Benefits + Training and Development
Associate Director with a background of delivering detailed designs for highways projects required for a quality focused transportation consultancy who are working on exciting projects across the UK. This role is for a company who is focused on employee development and can offer a secure position.
To apply for this role, you will be a Chartered Engineer (or equivalent) with experience of developing detailed design packages and providing technical approval and checking services for both large and small highways projects. This role would suit experienced Directors/Managers or a Principal Engineer looking to step into a managerial position. You must have working knowledge of CDM and NEC3 contracts along with DMRB design standards, with experience in highways detailed design. You will also have experience line managing and providing technical oversight for members of staff, as well as assisting with business development.
The successful candidate will oversee a team of engineers working on a portfolio of large and small highway projects, ranging from construction values of £25k to £10m +. You will assist to grow your team and ensure that the right skill sets are in place to deliver projects. You will be client facing and a key part of your role will be to manage client accounts and develop relationships with existing and new clients that you will bring in. You will ensure projects are delivered to client timescales and that quality and health and safety is at the forefront of this.
You will spend 50% of your time hands on, working to create detailed designs and providing technical expertise and input to support project delivery, holding project director and/or manager level budget responsibility. The other 50% of your time will be spent writing proposals, preparing cost estimates, and managing your team, which will include mentoring, training, recruitment, and carrying out performance reviews.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Director to join a growing company with an outstanding reputation. You will be a key player within the department from the outset.
The Associate Director Role:
* 50% Hands on leading teams and delivering detailed designs
* Oversee, manage, and grow a team
* Client facing
* Experience in the highways industry, with a combination of public and private sector experience ideal.
* Experienced team leader and people manager.
* Good communicator, written and verbal.
* Commercially aware, with understanding of public and private sector finances and challenges.
* Corporate focused, keen to grow the business and with an appetite for personal and professional growth.
* Existing Director/Manager or someone looking to step into management
* Business development experience will be advantageous.