About the role
The role will be supporting teams of social care practitioners in an administrative capacity to enable the effective and timely delivery of services to service users, colleagues and other stakeholders (e.g. NHS partners or providers).
The LD Senior Administrative Assistant will join a county wide team of Senior Administrative Assistants within the LD Business Support Team, and will support both operational and projects teams within the LD service.
Senior Administrative Assistants are vital roles for the LD services. They provide post holders with varied and rewarding tasks through opportunities to make a positive impact on colleagues and vulnerable Hampshire residents in receipt of a LD service.
Work activities will be varied and will include:
- reception duties:
- receiving and recording contacts (e.g. by phone) from a variety of people, including service users, their relatives, care agencies/homes, or health professionals;
- greeting visitors
- updating systems' records,
- inputting data from forms,
- preparing letters,
- scheduling and supporting meetings, including pre- and post-meeting work.
To deliver a comprehensive, efficient and effective administrative support to meet business and project requirements.
Below are examples of activities the Senior Administrative Assistant will carry out. These duties may vary to take account of changing priorities.
- Administrative duties:
- Reception duties (communication channels support)
- Phone: answering calls to the service's busy duty phone lines, transferring calls and, both taking or passing messages
- Incoming post: opening and distributing incoming post in line with the service process
- Emails: including using shared inboxes
- Enquiries: taking appropriate steps to respond - orally or in writing -, escalating as appropriate
- Document handling and record management
- Printing and photocopying (e.g. preparing information packs)
- Distributing and sharing information/documents accurately and securely (e.g. by emails)
- Scanning and filing: using the department's electronic systems (e.g. documents library and case management systems)
- Compiling documents using Microsoft Office 365
- Typing letters, emails or reports
e.g. correspondence, including letters, emails, and mailshots, or reports
- Using Microsoft Outlook calendars
- Ordering of stationery or small office equipment (using SAP procurement system)
- taking accurate notes with a laptop - clearly identifying actions and decisions
- editing and checking notes
- distributing accurately and speedily
- Assisting in the timely preparation of meetings/workshops/events
e.g. agenda compilation, chasing, collating and distributing papers timely
- Data inputting on internal IT system(s)
e.g. updating client information on care management system
- To develop networks of approved contacts, both internal and external, to fulfil the role
- Scheduling meetings
- e. scheduling, preventing diary clashes for participants, booking venues and equipment, issuing and managing invitations, and ordering refreshments
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.