Supply Chain Planner
Dudley, West Midlands
Progression route to T eam Leader
Our client are a retail distribution business with a strong focus on innovation, based in Dudley they are growing business who are looking for experience Supply Chain professional who is looking for a long term development opportunity.
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Manage all aspects of materials supply into the business
• Analysis of forecast compared to current and previous sales history
• Discuss any differences in forecast compared to historical sales with Sales Team and agree any amendments
• Creating purchase orders for re-ordering product from all suppliers, taking into consideration lead-times and forecast requirements, to achieve target inventory and rotation budgets
• Purchasing and expediting SKUs according to sales forecasts and budgeted inventory parameters
• Taking responsibility for all supplier communications
• Liaising with freight forwarders and updating all internal staff of any shipment changes
• Building relationships with new and pre-existing suppliers
• Analysing inventory and controlling stock levels to maximise sales while meeting business objectives
• Investigating and performing cost-down activities throughout the supply chain
• Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve purchasing procedures and increase efficiency
• Liaise closely with Sales / Customer Services / Warehousing to ensure all customer expectations are met as required
Skills and Experience
• A strong understanding and experience with MRP/ ERP systems, particularly with Dynamics NAV and/or SAP
• Strong SAP experience is preferable
• Experience of dealing with retail sector or FMCG would be ideal
• A CIPS qualification or working towards would be beneficial
• Advanced IT skills required, specifically in MS Excel with reference formulas and pivot tables
• Natural communication skills as building relationships with members from other teams is critical to perform your duties well.
Salary - £30 – 35k
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.15pm and Friday 8.30am -1.15pm.
36.5 hrs per week
20 days holiday, plus the bank holiday
3% pension contribution
Closed for Xmas & New year
This role would suit a candidate with previous experience as a Supply Chain Planner / Materials Controller / MRP Planner / Buyer/ Purchasing Manager / Purchasing Coordinator / Senior Buyer / Stock Controller
Please apply today via Reed or contact Reed Wolverhampton office.