Leeds City Centre
c. £45,000 plus benefits (subject to experience)
The purpose of the role will be to work closely and support the Investment Director in all areas of the Company’s advisory investment service and ongoing use of external discretionary managers
- Carrying out research as part of the investment process to include review, monitoring and recommended changes to the preferred fund list, asset allocation guidance, maintenance of model portfolios.
- Participation in and contribution to investment committee meetings and preparation beforehand.
- Provision of investment related client advice including initial proposals and recommendations, fund switching and rebalancing.
- Production of client specific investment commentary for reviews and meetings.
- Dealing with investment related client queries.
- Ongoing monitoring of existing discretionary managers used.
- Production of market commentary and updates.
- Provision of manual portfolio performance data where required.
- A relevant qualification that is acceptable for carrying out discretionary management, e.g. CISI Diploma, IMC, PCIAM.
- A minimum 2 years in a similar role within a financial services business.
- Portfolio management (advisory and ideally discretionary) across a range of assets and risk profiles.
- Asset allocation strategy and risk control.
- Fund research including investment trusts, ETFs and offshore funds, experience in direct equities is not a specific requirement at this stage.
- Put together compliant investment advice, i.e. initial proposals and portfolio changes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all mainstream asset classes and their suitability in a range of market environments and client portfolios.
- Knowledge of and experience of participating in investment committees.
- Working knowledge of government bonds.
- Ability to collate, understand and interpret portfolio performance data.
- Ability to understand and interpret economic data and other market influencing factors.
- Able to produce market general commentary and client specific commentary.
- Competent user of excel.
How to apply:
Please send your CV immediately to Stuart or contact him on 0 7 7 4 7 7 8 2 9 3 4 for a discreet and confidential chat.