Lloyd Recruitment Services are pleased to be working with a reputable and established business based in Uckfield who are currently in search of a Tax Assistant to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the running of an active portfolio of personal tax clients and become involved with advisory projects.
This is a busy, personal tax compliance role and you will ideally be ATT qualified with at least 2 years' post qualification experience. As a result, this would more ideally suit a candidate with proven experience in personal tax with a drive for progression.
- Request Tax Return information from the client or relevant parties
- Take ownership of and generate Tax Returns for a diverse client base including High Net Worth Individuals, Owner Managed Business's and Non-Domiciled individuals
- Identify planning opportunities within your portfolio
- Advise clients of their UK tax positions and liaising with HMRC as appropriate
- Work within specified budgets, monitor WIP and raise bills in a timely fashion
- Provide supervisory support for more junior members of the team
- Assisting on consultancy projects and other ad-hoc matters as required
Skills & Experience:
- ATT Qualified
- Practical and varied personal and technical tax knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- IT literate (Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams)
- Experience with CCH and Alphatax
- CTA qualified or part qualified
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- Ability to efficiently undertake research tasks
What's in it for you?
- Salary of £28K - £29K DOE
- A generous holiday allowance to include time off at Christmas
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexible working
- Dress down Friday
- Social events throughout the year
- Learning and development opportunities
- Life insurance
- Long service awards
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates