Job Title: Finance Analyst
Location: Letchworth Garden City, with flexibility to work from home
Salary: Depending on experience
- 15% Contributory Pension
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Death in Service
- Income Protection
About our client and the role of Finance Analyst
Our client is a well-known Business Bank who are looking for a Financial Analyst to support the finance team in maintaining financial controls, systems, and processes to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances and compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will also assist in the day-to-day operation of the Bank's finance department.
Responsibilities for the role of Finance Analyst
- Review the accounts payable inbox, update the invoice register for new invoices (and once paid mark as paid)
- Request authorisation from the budget holder to pay invoices.
- Ensure authorised invoices are paid in line with terms & conditions.
- Maintain accounts payable on Xero general ledger system.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, and five-year plan to assist decision making.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts to facilitate the effective management of the company.
- Produce regular analyses of income and expenditure to assist in the budget monitoring process.
- Production of the Trading meeting reports.
- Reconciliation of the Bank's Balance Sheet.
- Ensure accuracy of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Daily reconciliation of each bank account.
- Import, review and check input of data from core systems that will be used for both financial, regulatory and ALM reporting.
- Assist in review of regulatory reports.
- Assist in the production of the year end statutory accounts including liaising with external audit.
- Reconciliation of the Bank's financial systems including general ledger, fixed asset register.
Experience and skills required for the role of Finance Analyst
- Experience in a similar role including: Accounts payable experience preferable or Experience in basic accounting and bank reconciliations
- Attention to detail.
- Process orientated.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably part qualified AAT
For more information regarding the role of Finance Analyst please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.