We are looking for a part qualified Accountant based in Windsor to join a leading real estate developer due to continued growth and success. Reporting to the Head Commercial Finance Windsor & Rural and sitting within the Windsor & Rural financial team, key responsibilities of the role include the management and processing of a wide range of general ledger activities, including, processing of ledger transactions, substantiation and review of Balance Sheet accounts and all supporting reconciliations supporting the groups general ledger/relevant Balance Sheet accounts, and all supporting reconciliations supporting the ledger close process.
You will do/be:
- Responsible for preparation of ongoing and monthly accounting activities, including, processing journal entries, cash allocations and capital completions.
- Preparation of all general ledger account reconciliations, in particular balance sheet accounts, ensuring completion in a timely, controlled manner and taking ownership of the review process.
- Working closely with General Accounting Manager, responsible for delivery of close activity across the team, general ledger close, period end processing, all delivered to the close calendar timelines.
- Maintain and monitor related key controls and business processes; taking ownership of control enhancements and remediation to ensure data integrity
- Working with budget holders to ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly accounting
- Management and collation of NAO audit requests, ensuring all financial supporting information is made available in a timely and accurate manner, facilitating a smooth audit cycle.
- Preparation of ad hoc data requests and analyses.
- Relevant financial qualifications, full or part (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- In depth understanding of core financial processes and relevant accounting software (Agresso)
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting, VAT and reporting standards
- Experience transaction services, in particular general ledger accounting, balance sheet management & period close
- Experience in operating and maintaining key controls across finance processes
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused approach to service delivery
- Passion for continuously raising the bar on quality & effectiveness
- Commercial awareness, able to see the wider picture, but detail oriented when required • Instinctive communicator, early & often and effective manager of senior stakeholders
- Highly organised, a natural ability to prioritise a number of tasks simultaneously
- A desire to challenge the status quo, drive simplicity and improve quality
- Positive forward thinking attitude, with the ability to influence decision making
- Logical approach to governance, control environments & enterprise risk management
£33,000- £40,000 depending on experience.