The purpose of this role, within a leading Banbury firm, is to provide support for Managers and Directors in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients.
You will take responsibility for completing tasks accurately and to deadlines in order ensure the audit is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will supervise junior staff as well as preparing audit planning documentation for review.
When not involved in audits you will support Directors with a varied general portfolio providing a wide range of services.
The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation and personal taxation and tax planning giving you a wide range of experience.
- Deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP
- Planning and delivery of audit assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Manage client communication in an effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Preparation of Limited company accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by Managers / Directors
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations for review
- Preparation of partnership and sole trade accounts
- Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Management accounts preparation
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern to Managers / Directors and recommend actions for improvement
- Mentor junior accounts and audit trainees
- Part-Qualified currently studying towards ICAEW / ACCA.
- Previous audit experience
- Previous experience of working within a Practice environment
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong IT skills
- Previous working knowledge of Sage, QuickBooks and Xero.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel.
- Experience of working with CCH and Mercia accounts/audit software
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Desire to learn and develop
- Commitment and desire to complete accountancy qualifications
- Good communication skills both verbal and written including ability to take notes
- Interested in working with different clients in varying business sectors
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and client’s sites when applicable.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.