Assistant Management Accountant, Temporary to Permanent, Up to £25,000, Birmingham
Hays are delighted to be working with a Facilities Management (FM) organisation with an annual turnover of circa £30m to recruit for an Assistant Management Accountant on a temporary to permanent basis. This role will sit within a small finance team responsible for managing contract reporting, sales ledger, purchase ledger and management reporting and will report into the organisations' Finance Business Partner.
This role is being offered on a temporary to permanent basis for the right candidate and is hybrid, with the successful candidate being based on site two days a week and from home three days a week. This role also offers study support.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Production and monitoring of weekly cash forecast and review of cash book liaising with the commercial teams.
- Preparation of monthly month end reporting files for North Contract Managers, South Contract Managers, Business Excellence and Overheads & reviewing with Internal Budget Holders.
- Preparation of Management Accounts for Joint Venture Accounts.
- Weekly payment run review and coordination with operations team.
- Review and approval of weekly payroll & posting of monthly payroll journals.
- Review of GRNI reports and on hold reports.
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance sheet control accounts, posting journals and liaising with Shared Service Centre as required.
- Process intra group recharges.
- Raising of Sales Invoices
- Contacting customers (external and intra group) and agreeing cash receipts to the receivable's ledger.
- Contacting suppliers where necessary to resolve any account queries.
- Provide support to Finance Business Partner for year-end audit requests.
- Working closely with the operational and commercial team to produce financial reports.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the North/South Contract Managers and Overhead.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work independently, with a proactive approach with relevant support where appropriate, knowing when to raise issues and seek support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, as this role will require working alongside the operational and commercial team to review monthly results, as well as working closely with the Finance Business Partner.
- Attention to detail is critical, with a get it right first time approach attitude required
- Ability to deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
- The business reports using Oracle and Hyperion, previous experience is not required
- Working towards a qualification CIMA/ACCA. For the appropriate candidate support in working towards a formal accountancy qualification would be provided.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.