We are looking to recruit a Production Operator to increase operational capacity & resilience at the Hereford plant. Successful candidates must be prepared to work overtime.
- Follow company Safety, Health and Environmental procedures at all times.
- Follow company Quality procedures at all times.
- Prepare, load, operate and unload HIP furnaces according to written procedures and instructions.
- Unpack HIP loads according to written procedures and instructions.
- Complete the required documentation accurately and at the correct time according to written procedures and making use of the works computer system.
- Inform the Production Manager or Shift Supervisor of any problems achieving the planned production schedule.
- Assist in any area of production as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure that suppliers, customers and drivers are dealt with courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Be punctual and achieve smooth shift changeovers for efficient operation of the business.
- Assist with Goods In and Despatch duties.
- Operate the forklift truck as required.
- Deliver / collect goods to / from customers if required.
- Liaise with Maintenance and Quality staff.
- Assist with minor maintenance activity and report maintenance requirements according to written procedures and instructions.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times and carry out general housekeeping tasks.
- Learn how to operate new equipment, additional furnaces and perform other duties as the needs of the business change.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Good general education, good literacy, numeracy and IT competence.
- FLT and crane operator (full training can be provided)
- Methodical attention to detail.
- Ability to reliably interact and work safely with complex mechanical systems.
- Experience of heat treatment or other industrial environment desirable.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.