Are you interested in Market Research?
Are you looking to work for a forward-thinking and global market research company, with a great culture, supportive and passionate manager, and plenty of additional benefits to make you feel valued?
If so please read on…
A Market Research Analyst is required for a company on the outskirts of Newbury on a 6 month internship, however there is full intension for the role to be made permanent after the 6 month marks if both parties are happy.
There is an option to work fully remote, or full office / mix of the two when offices reopen so applicants outside of Newbury, but along the M4 corridor, or near Devon, will be accepted as one colleague lives in Reading, and the other Devon.
My client is able to offer:
Up to £20,000 basic salary (to be reviewed after 6 months), 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, ‘Bring Your Own Device Scheme’ with contribution to your phone bill, company laptop, travel expenses, income protection, medical insurance, pension, onsite parking, work from home options.
This is a great company to work for and due to growth, they have a Market Research Analyst vacancy for their Customer Insights Team.
The role / day to day tasks:
The purpose of the role in the first 6 months is to gain a broad understanding of my client’s business, learn how to conduct professional local and international project management, and support in client interactions.
The key activities will include Research Design & Proposal Development, Project Execution, and Analysis & Reporting.
- Initially will involve basic tasks such as desk research - googling for information, emailing colleagues or preparing simple files.
- Support in collecting information for proposal writing support in adapting/preparing proposal documents
- Learn how to develop survey designs/analysis designs/project reports, adapt existing questionnaires/topic guides or creates drafts/standard questionnaires/topic guides
- Learn to create graphic presentation of data in excel spreadsheets
- Over time training will be provided and the candidate will be expected to undertake other tasks after shadowing/training is undertaken
- Interviewing may be face to face (although unlikely due to Covid) and candidate eventually will be expected to be prepared to travel as far as Scotland/Cornwall/East Anglia to conduct interviews.
- Otherwise, interviews are conducted via telephone/zoom where again a degree of flexibility is needed as their respondents - farmers, vets, pet owners, nutritionists, experts - may desire interviews prior to 9am or after 5pm
We are looking for the Market Research Analyst to have the following attributes:
- Basic IT skills Word, PPT, Excel
- Clean driving licence – you must be happy travelling
- Inquisitive and likes to go beyond the initial reasoning i.e., wants to understand the “why?” and the “so what?” - not just the “what?”
- Analytical skills - not just numerical analytical but also text - as reporting involves exploring interviews to find out insights
- Although the company is based in Newbury, one colleague is based in Devon and the other in Reading, so the successful candidate may either work in the office (when/if open) or from home and so must be disciplined in working from home.
- Agriculture knowledge is not a must, but the successful candidate should be open to understanding people and their needs so an interest in (farming & animal health) agriculture