Business Development Manager
£30k per annum + bonus (OTE up to £30k per annum)
Office location - remote working
Do you have experience of a sales or account management within a digital agency either in an account management background with a focus on sales or a business development role?
Do you have experience selling software into the public sector: a solid understanding of public sector procurement and the challenges this brings?
This is a new role within the business, they have been extremely successful, and the company continues to grow and now they have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to continue generating new business sales introducing products and services primarily into UK-based local authorities, specifically a software focussed to support social care teams.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with the right decision makers, introducing products and services, and establishing when he relationship when the customer is ready to commit to purchase
- Arranging and leading presentations and meetings, both 'in person’ and remote. Including demonstrations of products and services.
- Ongoing sale negotiation, quotations, and contracts - from cradle to grave
- Once the sale is completed, passing across the account to the project management teams to conclude the implementation.
- Assist customers who may need to build a business case to commission their products and services, share this knowledge, help customers overcome internal challenges through to commission.
- Work with the senior management and business development teams on the creation of revenue generating products and services.
- Work with account management team and assist in cross-selling of products and services into existing customer base.
- Networking at appropriate events and presentations, both in person and virtual / remote.
- Maintain an eye on changes in central government legislation around social care (and other areas) that may impact on local authorities and other public sector organisations.
- Ensuring work complies with existing ISO operational procedures and process.
Experience Required for this role
- Experience of a sales or account management role within a digital agency either in an account management background with a focus on sales or a business development role
- Alternatively, experience selling software into the public sector: a solid understanding of public sector procurement and the challenges this brings.
- Can demonstrate the ability to development excellent working relationships with customers.
- Experience or a keen in interest in digital is desirable.
- Great organisational and communication skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating great digital solutions and using digital to solve problems
The company recognises that to be successful within their business, they rely on their employees performing at their highest level. They recognise the importance and impact that appropriate good training can have and will, as much as the business is able to, provide training opportunities to assist personal development, confidence and assist the business in reaching strategic objectives.