This company works with some of the world's leading brands to help them turn their brand touchpoints into tangible purchases, connecting shoppers with a means of buying products, right in the moment of consideration.
They’ve grown rapidly in the past 2 years, scaling to over 50 countries and reaching over 1 billion shoppers - a trajectory which is only set to increase further.
They’re on the lookout for a proactive and enthusiastic individual to join their London team as a Marketing Assistant! Reporting into the Marketing Manager, you’ll be a key support in helping to deliver the marketing strategy, contributing to wider business goals and company growth targets.
Content creation support
- Assisting the Content Marketing Exec in the creation of engaging content, whether that's snapping photos at events or getting behind the camera to help film videos when required.
- Working with the production team to collect story-worthy stats for use in case studies and other content.
Client services marketing support
- Maintaining and updating the sales collateral to ensure it always reflects the most up-to-date product offering and is in keeping with brand guidelines.
- Assisting with the creation of new sales and marketing collateral when required, working with the sales and product departments to ensure timely delivery.
- Providing regular updates and intel on what their competitors are up to (e.g. new product/service launches, client wins or losses, etc.)
- Proactively seeking out opportunities for the companies to get ahead of the competition.
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and Customer Success team, you'll help map out the company's customer universe and targets for use in account based marketing activity.
- Building templates and lists for email marketing with support from the Marketing Manager and Designer (full training will be provided).
- Creating bespoke campaigns for use in test marketing activity.
- Working with third party suppliers where needed to organise print runs for stationery, event collateral, etc.
- A can-do, proactive attitude to life
- Excited about marketing and technology
- Must be familiar with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Someone who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and give anything a try
- Great organisation skills - they'd love for you to demonstrate examples of this at interview
- Agile - they're a fast-paced company, so you'll need to be comfortable picking up ad hoc work and changing direction at short notice
- Great attention to detail - tell them how!
- Confident, people loving person - they're a sociable bunch, so someone with great people skills is essential
Bonus points for:
- A degree in Marketing
- Previous work experience in a marketing environment (preferably B2B)
- Anything that shows them how passionate you are about marketing and/or tech - it could be a blog or something else