Qualified/QBE Book Keeper
Remote/Hybrid working option
Our practice has been established for over 25 years and is a leading player in a niche market. Our company is part of a top 20 UK accountancy group.
We are recruiting a book keeper to join our growing practice. You will be methodical, experienced, and forward thinking, with the drive and determination to take your career to the next level.
As part of our valued team, you can look forward to working within a people orientated and supportive practice that is committed to your career development.
* Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Involvement in the day-to-day activities of the company
* Book keeping for a number of businesses, preparing company and personal accounts, and VAT returns. This may be work done collectively as part of the team, or on an individual basis.
* Managing your day-today workload and resources, to ensure timely delivery of work to a consistent standard.
* Provide customer support, and answer any queries arising.
* Strive for quality and excellence in your work
You have the following skills and experience;
* Qualified book keeper (AAT) or QBE
* General book keeping, VAT returns and spreadsheet experience
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Have an eye for detail and accuracy with figures
* Good IT skills, particularly EXCEL. Knowledge of XERO and Sage an advantage,
* Reporting to the VAT Supervisor, this is a ‘hands on’ role. You are able to prioritise your own workload, and work unsupervised, as well as work with an experienced team of clerks.
What we are offering
Salary : expected £25k - £35k plus discretionary bonuses
Plus employer pension contribution of 3%
Hours : 37.5hrs per week – Hybrid working with a mix of home and office working
Holidays 28 days per annum (inc BH’s)