Our client is recruiting for a Book Keeper for possibly part time, 3-4 days per week or full time. Ideally you will have a freight forwarding background .
a) Process customer receipts and match against invoices
b) Follow up any discrepancies
c) Monitor debtors accounts and follow up any overdue accounts
a) Check and process Suppliers invoices
b) Ensure that Purchase orders are properly matched and authorised
c) Pay suppliers once authorised by Management
d) Make periodic payments, i.e. PAYE/NI, VAT, Wages etc
e) Reconcile supplier statements
a) Process bank account transactions on a daily basis
b) Process credit card transactions on a daily basis
c) Control and record system of petty cash payments including travel expenses
4) Periodic reporting
a) Prepare reports as and when required by Management.
b) Liaise with external Management Accountants to provide them the information they need for month end reporting.
a) Maintain computerised accounts system
b) Ensure correct accounting of transactions
c) Any other ad hoc tasks as directed by the Management
1. Excellent Communications Skills, both Written and Verbal
2. Excellent attention to detail
3. Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
4. Good working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook)
5. At least 5 years experience working with commercial accounting packages