Company Bookkeeper - Exeter - £27-32,000 FTE
*Please note that this employer will happily consider candidates requiring either full or part time working hours (minimum 25 hours per week)*
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been engaged by a repeat client, a rapidly expanding retail business with an extremely strong reputation in Devon. The business has both a shop front and retail presence and sales have built significantly via both channels over recent years.
The company now seeks to a recruit an experienced Bookkeeper into a new position where the successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for the business accounting transactions. The role will work closely with the company Directors, but also liaises with the companys Chartered Accountants.
This is a broad and varied role covering all areas of the companys bookkeeping to include:
- Use of Xero to record all financial transactions
- Accounts preparation for month end reporting
- Accounts to Trial Balance
- Preparing P&L reports
- Purchase and sales ledger management
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Administering some VAT variances including full, partial, and exempt
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit Control
- Petty cash
- Payroll administration (this function may work in conjunction with Human Resources)
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries
- Other office management duties as required
Were searching for a candidate with experience gained in a similar environment, Bookkeeping for an SME with increasing annual turnover. Candidates maybe either qualified by experience or part/fully AAT. The role works with a young and energetic team that promote a non-hierarchal approach to the running of the business. This represents a great opportunity for the successful Bookkeeper to shape, streamline and develop the function and help contribute to the continued expansion of the business.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8459 as soon as possible.