£21,000 - £25,000 DOE
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant/ Bookkeeper to join this highly respected and established accountancy firm. This is a firm held in high regard locally, boasting low staff turnover and high staff wellbeing where employees enjoy working in an environment where they are valued and have excellent job security and development opportunities.
As the successful candidate, you will work with the client managers to look after a portfolio of clients, requesting records, carrying out bookkeeping on a range of different software, resolving queries and communicating with clients regarding their VAT liabilities.
You will be IT literate, confident in your abilities to se Xero, QuickBooks, Sage Business Cloud and Sage Line 50. Duties will include reconciliation of bank accounts, sales ledger and purchase ledger and knowledge of standard accounting, cash accounting, flat rate scheme and partial exemption is desirable.
You may undertake work from both within the office and at clients’ premises as required, the ability to travel to our Retford and Grantham offices may also be required so the ability to travel is essential.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
* AAT qualified or with suitable experience
* Experience of working within an accountancy practise setting
* Knowledge of various VAT schemes available
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of dealing with clients regarding their books, records and VAT liabilities
* Experience liaising with HMRC regarding VAT for clients
* It proficient (Xero, QuickBooks, Sage Business Cloud, Sage Line 50)
* Attention to detail
* Enthusiastic team player
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply soon to avoid disappointment