Busy North London practice looking for a skilled Bookkeeper.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely within a team to create and analyse and process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices, reconcile banks statements, and prepare VAT returns. Our ideal candidate holds at least five years of bookkeeping experience within practice and it is essential they are familiar with Sage 50 and Xero accounting software packages as well as having proficiency in English and MS Office.
* Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
* Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
* Bring the books to the trial balance stage
* Perform partial checks of the posting process
* Complete VAT returns.
* Proven bookkeeping experience within practice
* Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
* Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
* Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
* Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and Sage and Xero software
* Proficiency in English and in MS Office
* Customer service orientation
* Based on Experience
* Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5.30 pm
* 20 days + bank holiday
* Contributory pension scheme
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail