We have an exciting part-time opportunity to join our expanding team as an experienced Bookkeeper. You will have a passion for everything accounting as you’ll be supporting our team in looking after our wonderful clients with their accountancy requirements.
Working up to 22.5 hours per week (with flexibility) you will support our Finance Experts in delivering a seamless accountancy experience to our new and existing customers. You’ll be the point of contact for our customers demonstrating the knowledge and skills to support their financial processes, giving them the peace of mind and support that they need to be successful.
What the role involves
* Performing Bank reconciliations
* Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Processing and raising invoices using QuickBooks
* Allocating customer receipts and supplier payments
* Categorising expenses accurately and on a timely basis
* Reviewing VAT coding on expenses
* Analysing costs codes for patterns, trends and identifying potential issues
* Credit Control
* Communicating regularly with customers & colleagues.
* General administrative duties ensuring all documents are filed and processed as required
* Providing support for Longwood Accountants
* Dealing with supplier/customer enquiries
What you’ll need
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper who is passionate about finding the right solution for customers? Are you looking to develop your skills further within a fast-growing and exciting business?
We are looking for someone who has an extensive Bookkeeping background who is used to using Cloud Accountancy software (preferably QuickBooks). You’ll enjoy engaging with customers demonstrating a strong focus for problem solving. If you have had exposure to Payroll and/or self-assessment that would be great but is not essential.
Ideally, you will have significant experience in a similar role and be used to working towards tight deadlines. With an investigative nature, you will have the desire to find solutions to reconciliation issues along with a high attention to detail. Proficiency in Excel is also key.
You will need to be self-motivated and conscientious with a drive to succeed along with a commitment to developing and progressing with us as we grow. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, friendly team and we are looking for someone who shares these values.
This is an exciting period of growth for us here at Longwood Business Support so if this sounds like the right team and role for you, we’d love to hear from you