My client is a very well established and reputable business with offices in Somerset and Devon. They are accomplished specialists in their field and have an incredibly supportive culture meaning staff retention is very high.
We are looking for a bookkeeper to join their lovely offices in Chard to work as part of their dynamic team. This is a full time, permanent role attracting a salary of between £22,000 to £28,000 plus benefits and free parking.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: -
• Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services.
• Filing Companies House and HM Revenue&Customs documents on client’s behalf
• Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
• Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
• Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
• General admin duties to provide support to their partners, managers and the office.
The successful candidate:
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and
• A positive attitude, friendly and personable
• Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
• Adaptable, organised and conscientious
• Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Professional and team orientated in approach
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Xero, Quickbooks and Sage
• Experience of delivering exceptional customer service in an office-based working environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
• Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
• AAT qualified or qualified by experience
This is a full time, permanent position (although part-time might be considered) ideal for those looking for a role with an ever-growing team, who want to enjoy their job in a bright, challenging environment.
For a confidential chat please get in touch.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.