Full Time Bookkeeper/Payroll Assistant
Our client is an accountancy firm based in the heart of Epsom. They cover all aspects of accountancy including accounts, audit, tax, payroll and bookkeeping. The majority of their clients fit within the owner managed business space across a range of industries.
The role will be primarily bookkeeping with 2/3 days a month payroll assistance for the payroll department. As an accountancy Practice, they have several clients that require weekly bookkeeping services, and as such we are looking for someone to service these clients. As the clients vary over a number of industries, good commercial awareness is key.
The ability to travel is key, as you will need to pop to clients from time to time, the expectation would be that this is 1 day a week on average.
* Work succinctly across a range of clients.
* Meet client deadlines for reporting.
* Reconcile bank, produce control accounts, process sales invoice and purchase invoices
* Post month end journals, such as depreciation, prepayments, accruals, wages.
* Setup bank payments for clients
* Regular client calls to ensure that bookkeeping is being kept up.
* Process monthly payrolls
* Submit RTI’s
* Issue P45’s
* Process new starters/leavers
* Complete auto-enrolment/pension declarations
* Upload client documents to secure IRIS OpenSpace portal
* Liaising with clients throughout the process.
* We are looking for someone who has bookkeeping experience.
* Ideally minimum AAT qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA all acceptable)
* A detailed understanding Xero, but experience of other Cloud based software desirable
* Good commercial awareness is a must – ideally the candidate has seen a wide range of businesses.
* Confident with dealing with clients and other staff
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Able to deal with multiple deadlines and tight targets
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* £25,000 - £30,000 + discretionary bonus (10% of gross salary)
* The office hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm (4.15pm on a Friday)
* Office in the centre of Epsom, close to the station
* 6 month pay and progression reviews
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Smart-casual office attire
* Quarterly socials paid for by the company
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications PrinceWood Recruitment receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Thank you for taking the time to apply