Taylor Hawkes are working with a very impressive Medium Sized Accountancy Practice, and due to growth within the business the firm are now recruiting a Bookkeeper, to assist in bookkeeping for a varied portfolio of clients in the accounts department.
For the role of Bookkeeper, the successful candidate will be experienced at providing end to end bookkeeping services to a variety of clients, including preparing quarterly VAT returns in line with the new 'Making Tax Digital’ guidelines. They should also be able to use Sage, and cloud-based tools such as Xero for bookkeeping. Ideally, they will feel confident in supporting our clients in how to get the best out of cloud-based software and will also be able to support the preparation of management accounts when needed.
• General bookkeeping.
• VAT returns.
• Preparation of management accounts to be reviewed by Manager.
• Process sales and purchase invoices for many different clients.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Maintain and reconcile purchase and sales ledgers for a number of clients.
• Creating and sending out clients’ annual Confirmation Statements.
• Amend and file tax returns for clients over the course of the year.
• Various ad hoc duties; filing, archiving, and type daily audio and handwritten correspondence.
• Previous bookkeeping experience gained within an accountancy practice and the ability to undertake both simple and more complex bookkeeping tasks.
• Experience of Sage, Xero and other accounting software
• The ability to understand documents and data and write clear letters and emails
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Organised and methodical
• Client focused
• Ability to work under own initiative