Are you an experienced book-keeper/credit controller looking for a new challenge?
Exciting new opportunity for a bookkeeper to join a well-established construction Perth based company, working directly for main contractors (builders) and building consultants. Your duties will be to oversee the accounting requirements including, invoices (sales and purchases), credit control, and assisting with monthly and yearly reports.
This is a part time position, around 20 hours per week, with flexibility over working days and hours to suit the right person and is office based. (3 full days a week required during initial 2-month training period).
Bookkeeper/Credit Controller Responsibilities:
* Carrying out All daily book-keeping using cloud based the ‘Quick books’ platform.
* Production of monthly sales invoices and ‘Applications for Payment’
* Receipt, processing and posting of purchase invoices and expenses.
* Daily monitoring of bank credits and debits and matching these against sales and purchase invoices which are regularly batch processed into the system.
* Compilation and processing of additional spreadsheets are kept to assist with effective organisation and tracking.
* Regular production of aged debtors lists and liaising with debtors by telephone and email to maintain regular cash flow.
* Regular liaison with the managing director to inform of financial status of the company.
* Handling of new contract orders and informing other team members of services to be provided in line with quotations.
* Regular bank reconciliation with hard copy bank statements.
* Reconciling company credit card statements with expense receipts
* Liaise with external Accountants as necessary
* Bank deposits
* Conduct regular reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy
* Answering telephone
* Liaise with external bodies as required
* Ensure we are well stocked with office supplies including stationery and refreshments
* Other ad hoc duties as required
What we’re looking for in a Bookkeeper/Credit Controller:
* Experience using Quick Books accountancy software systems
* Computer literate and excellent numerical skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Organised and methodical approach to record keeping and reporting
* Attention to detail
* Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
* Able to start by mid-July at latest.
* Salary £25,000 to £27000 DOE
* 28 days holiday
* Perk Box membership
Only applicants with eligibility to work in the UK and relevant book-keeping experience can be considered for this post