We are an Accountancy Firm that has been established for over 30 years, and we have an exciting Bookkeeper opportunity.
The Bookkeeper role is a fast-paced, client focused position that will challenge you, develop you and reward you with salary increases that reflects your contribution.
Working in a friendly environment where teamwork and positivity are part of the company culture, the Bookkeeper position will demand the very best of your skills as you deal with new and existing clients.
The duties of Bookkeeper will include:
* Maintaining Sales and Purchase Ledger and batch data entry in relation to sole traders, Limited Companies and Personal Tax Returns
* Processing employees expenses
* Reconcile accounting information to supplier statements, bank statements
* Posting Journals and being able to reconcile control accounts and understand trial balance report
* Preparation of Vat returns on sage and understanding of Vat schemes
* Building and maintaining long-standing client relationships
* Dealing with existing Bookkeeping queries and clients.
* Working towards individual and team targets
Bookkeeper Position Requirements
* 2 years minimum experience required (ideally in practice)
* An excellent knowledge of SAGE Accounts software and Excel will be advantageous
* Clear and effective communication skills
* Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work
* Willing to undertake offsite duties as and when required
In return we will offer:
* Starting salary £20k (up to £23k+dependant on experience)
* Continued development opportunities
* Holiday 28 days
* Free parking on-site
* Full time; Monday to Friday– 37.5 hours a week