The Recruitment Co are delighted to be representing a growing Accountancy firm on the outskirts of Durham, with their need for an experienced Book Keeper to join their team on a part-time basis.
This is a comprehensive role with a lot of variety, with opportunities to meet and work with a wide range of different clients and business types.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirer and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the telephone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
* Processing invoices, receipts and payments
* Prepare statements showing income and expenditure
* Completing VAT returns
* Help to prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets (up to ETB)
* Manage organise and update relevant data using database applications
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public
* The person will maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
* Potential for growth to Accounting technician- Additional training will be provided where necessary
* Applicants must be comfortable working in a team environment and need to have strong communication skills.
The successful candidate must be able to work to deadlines, must be IT literate and hold a minimum of an AAT level 3 qualification.
Competence with Microsoft Office products is essential, especially with use of MS-Excel. Applicants should also be competent with computer/cloud based accounting systems (QuickBooks Online or similar).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to Sarah Elliot at The Recruitment Co.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace