A small, friendly and busy Practice in Woking Town centre is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper due to increased workload.
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper - About the Role
* Assist in the preparation of financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, groups, charities and academies
* Posting journals of accruals, prepayments, depreciation.
* Maintenance of client’s accounting records and reconciliations including bookkeeping, processing of client data and dealing with queries.
* Processing VAT returns understanding VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
* Occasionally working at clients’ premises on their computer systems.
* Setting up new clients on the bookkeeping system and registering VAT schemes with HMRC
The successful Assistant Accountant/ Bookkeeper will have:
* Part qualified ATT from level 2 to 4
* Minimum 2 years’ bookkeeping experience in an accountancy practice or on multiple accounts
* Good level of knowledge of accounting standards essential
* Experience Accounts Production, Xero & other software packages desirable
* knowledge of VAT
* Willingness to learn
* ability to work closely with clients and deal with client queries
* Good IT knowledge and skills, particularly Excel
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper - Benefits include:
Town Centre location, a subsidised parking permit and statutory pension
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)