Opal recruitment are working exclusively with a well known and reputable Accountancy Practice in central Leeds. My client is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to come on board and add real value to the business.
Your duties will include:
Supporting an Accounts Senior with one of their larger clients which has a varied portfolio of companies. You will be providing bookkeeping services, contacting suppliers and customers regarding queries and be required to prepare VAT returns. The role will also involve the preparation of year end accounts for other clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work within an end-to-end process with experienced colleagues in an established and well-regarded Firm.
Key tasks and day to day responsibilities include:
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC, accurately and to required time requirements (MTD and other)
* Liaising with key contacts for bookkeeping clients and providing backup support on finance/admin related queries
* Preparation of statutory accounts for Limited companies, Sole Traders, Partnerships and LLP’s for managers approval and sign off prior to submission
* Filing/submitting of prepared Company Accounts to Companies House and ensuring have been received to time requirements
* Income tax computations and corporation tax computations and associated administration.
* Contacting HMRC regarding corporate tax affairs
* Reconciliation of Client bank statements to Client systems and records alongside normal control accounts or reconciliations of Purchase and sales ledgers, VAT, PAYE and wages, maintain Fixed Asset register
* Dealing with and managing associated administration and client correspondence
* Answering enquiries from clients and colleagues
* Liaising with other departments and teams
* Providing a professional, friendly and helpful service
Key Skills and Essential Criteria:
* A good understanding of VAT and ideally partial exemption rules.
* An organised and methodical approach to work
* Good time management, practised and comfortable working to deadlines
* Natural high level of attention to detail
* Logical approach and good analytical, problem solving skills
* Curious, with the ability to apply thinking across different scenarios
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, comfortable talking face to face; communicating by telephone and email with a range of different people
* Experience of working within a team and also independently
* Ability to self-manage workload and work on own initiative
In addition, candidates will need the following:
* IT Software skills; Microsoft office packages of Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Accountancy software skills; experience in using Digita (desirable but not essential) plus experience in using one or more of the leading providers (Quick books (desktop and cloud) Xero, Sage line 50).
Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
Lisa Fletcher Opal Recruitment
We represent positions in the following disciplines: Accountancy, Audit, Taxation, Finance, HR, Insurance and Office Support. Please visit our website for further contact details.
You can also like us on facebook /Opalrecruitment
and follow us on twitter @OpalRecruituk for all our latest jobs opportunities and news