ANDREA POTTER Accountancy Recruitment seeks either an AAT qualified or experienced bookkeeper to join a Bedford firm’s bookkeeping and VAT team.
It is important the candidate has practice rather than industry experience.
The right candidate should ideally have strong knowledge of or skills in the following areas:
· Bookkeeping and the use of software e.g. SAGE, Xero, Quickbooks
· Migrating manual bookkeeping records to software provider,
· VAT Return preparation (incl. the various VAT accounting methods),
· EC Sales Lists,
· CIS returns,
· Computer skills in Excel and Word,
· Additional administrative duties.
The role has development opportunities, as we look to expand this service area in the future and may also grow into covering other areas such as:
· Management accounts preparation
· Payroll services
The job may involve travelling to clients so a driving license and car are essential.
Some training can be provided but you will be expected to be able to have a strong background as your role will also involve teaching clients how to keep their bookkeeping records. Excellent IT and communication skills are a must, along with the ability to multi task whilst maintaining a professional approach