Commercial Property Assistant/Paralegal
Salary depending upon experience
My client are a long-standing and well-established law firm that over the past five years have grown significantly, now operating across six offices in South London. They are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Property Assistant or Paralegal to join the busy team in the Crystal Palace office.
The firm are searching for a highly motivated assistant/ paralegal to join the busy commercial property team. This vacancy has arisen due to the current assistant starting a training contract with the firm in the summer.
This role covers;
- Assisting the partner with a high-volume caseload within the highly regarded Commercial Property team, who work with a large client base
- File administration including setting up and closing files
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and estate agents on a daily basis to provide updates Assisting with residential sales and purchases for developers
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals for commercial real estate clients including licenses to assign and lease renewals
- Undertake title checks, reports on title, title due diligence and other transactional support
- Preparing draft contract packs including Land Registry documents, relevant planning documents and replies to standard enquiries
- Obtaining redemption statements, preparing completion statements and bills.
- Post Exchange matters including Memorandums of Exchange, Stamp Duty Returns and Land Registry applications.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and work with the business development team to enhance the teams current offering
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Legal Executive who has ideally gained experience in Property Law (Commercial Property is preferred, but applications from commercially minded Conveyancing Paralegals are welcomed)
- LLB degree or CILEx
- Ability to manage a busy workload
- Good IT skills, including experience with case management systems
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent client care and communication skills
There is a real opportunity for progression within the firm and they are happy to consider individuals who wish to study the LPC part time during employment.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO TANYA BROWN AT BROWNS RECRUITMENT GROUP AS DIRECTED.