Job Market: Secretarial / Executive Support
Executive Assistant - About the role
To provide full secretarial, diary and administration support to the Head of Underwriting.
The role may involve becoming aware of confidential or sensitive information and in such circumstances this information must be treated with appropriate confidentiality.
Executive Assistant - Key Duties
- Timely and accurate secretarial administration support at an Executive level
- Judgement based position in relation to alerting the Directors to issues requiring immediate action and managing other requirements accordingly
- Diary management - arrange meetings, ensuring time is managed effectively
- Ensuring any papers and information needed for meetings are prepared, collated and readily available
- Handling and production of confidential reports and other documents of a confidential nature
- Liaison with key business contacts and stakeholders
- Arranging internal and external meetings including preparation of agendas
- Screening and monitoring telephone calls and dealing with them accordingly
- Screening email and dealing with administrative emails accordingly.
- Arranging travel and hotel accommodation. This includes team members in the functions
- Raising invoices through the purchasing system
- Administration of correspondence, including opening post and prioritising.
- Formatting powerPoint presentations
- Maintaining holiday and attendance records
- Facilitating all that is necessary for new starters within the Underwriting, Sales & Marketing teams
- Organise/assist with staff and external events
- Book meeting rooms and arranging catering
- Work as a team member with other Executive Assistants to cover periods of absence from the office
- To contribute on projects as needed
- Any other reasonable duties required to facilitate the smooth running of the departments
- Previous experience of working in at Executive Assistant level
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)