Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Staffordshire based client looking for a Partnership and Community Engagement Worker. The post holder will be responsible for the close working with the DA victim service providers Victim Support, to provide one consistent and integrated DA Service across Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent. Critical to the role is to ensure emphasis on engagement with less visible communities, where DA may be hidden and/or under reported, by proactively engaging with groups and organisations including faith groups, LGBTQ communities; those with mental health needs, BAME groups etc. RRP has existing young person friendly educational materials around DA awareness to adapt for use in schools as part of PSHE
This role is full time role, which is on a temporary contract up to 18 months initially.
The rate of pay offered is £15.40 per hour PAYE.
* External work and engagement with clients and partners
* Actively engage with the community to understand local need, particularly with the most deprived and marginalised groups affected by Domestic Abuse
* Develop innovative and appropriate activities that raise awareness of and address the wider determinants of domestic abuse, in consultation with Victim Support and other agencies for a range of audiences within the community
* Coordinate the delivery of tier one services alongside with wider DA service and the Community Support Worker.
* Support delivery of domestic abuse perpetrator programmes with case manager colleagues when necessary
* Support delivery of interventions to young adults and children working with case managers if required
* Effectively plan and coordinate the delivery of individual, group and community engagement events and campaigns to promote awareness of DA and the Service that is available.
* To keep accurate records and monitoring information and produce written reports, as required
* Inform PDM of any issues affecting service delivery and to work effectively as part of the wider team
* Attend regular supervision and appraisal meetings with your manager
* An understanding of domestic abuse issues and relevant experience of working within this field
* Experience and/or knowledge of community engagement work (preferably around domestic abuse/healthy relationships)
* Experience of or ability to design, produce and deliver promotional materials for campaigns, one to one and group delivery.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Adherence to and awareness of information security/GDPR, safeguarding requirements and organisational policies.
* Accurate administration and IT skills
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* Experience of working directly with young people, children and families
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on (phone number removed).
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer