Working for a Global Television Production company across a number of the digital entertainment projects for their main TV programmes. This is a great newly created position working across a number of interesting projects.
To be eligible for the role, you will have previous Production Accountant that has gained some great experience within a Media/Television/Entertainment or digital business.
The position looks after a number of different productions running concurrently so you will need to be able to multi-task and work across a number of different teams for a 12 month contract.
A great opportunity to work for a well-known brand and further develop your skills. This is initially a month contract with a view to going permanent as it is a brand new position.
* Provide support and back-up for the production team as required
* Produce the monthly cost report package including detailed costs to complete, variance report and progress report
* Assist with the budget preparation if required and review the final budget for errors
* Ensure the overhead recoveries are adequate and prepare the monthly overhead cash flow
* Control all production expenditure by coding and managing authorisation of invoices, expense forms, cheque requisitions and petty cash
* Control and reconcile all production petty cash
* Raise sales invoices on a timely basis and chase outstanding debtors, flagging any issues to central finance
* Reconcile and clear down the production recharge account
* Open the production bank account and ensure it is closed at the end of the production and act as one of the signatories on the bank account
* Prepare the production close down report package and assist central finance in closing the production in the finance systems
* Manage the working relationship with the Production Finance Assistant supporting you
* Supervise a Production Finance Assistant or Associate Production Accountant when necessary
* Manage the accounting on development budgets
* The ideal candidate must have prior experience of working as a sole or lead production accountant on a large/medium production
* Previous experience dealing with outsourced payroll would be an advantage
* Previous experience managing an assistant would also be an advantage:
* Strong book-keeping skills
* Experience with SAP would be a distinct advantage
* Passionate about production finance and have an interest in television